twitt(url)y is a new service that uses a link tracking mechanism over a 24-hour periods to determine what people are talking about on twitter at a given moment. the service displays the 100 most popular urls with threads of tweets discussing the links.
thanks for the overwhelming response to my presentation at the web 2.0 expo san francisco 2008 on social media optimization and marketing. here are the original slides along with all the references i used within the presentation.
i have disabled downloading for now but you can embed the presentation on your site using the code.
- industry rules for social media optimization
- comparative analysis of technologies used on fortune 500 and inc. 500 corporate web sites [pdf]
- how to build a ‘digg culture’ on your blog
- three month overview of social news and bookmark popular topics
- link attraction factors [pdf]
- the 10-second rule: how to write for diagonal readers
- writing headlines for regular readers, search engines, and social media
- high impact content “above the scroll” in four easy steps
- the social media manual
- how to shout on social media sites without screaming
- understanding the digg algorithm
- leveraging social media sites to increase search visibility
i will post my complete presentation with notes and external links to tools and additional information soon. unfortunately, due to time constraints, the presentation had to be somewhat abridged and i want the information posted online to be as comprehensive as possible.
while you wait for the complete presentation, check out this very comprehensive write-up from lee odden.