the stumbleupon toolbar got a couple of updates this weekend. before we look at the details of the update, here’s a look at the new toolbar:
the single best new feature in the toolbar is the integrated stumblethru option. previously stumblethru was only acessible from the dedicated stumblethru page or by actually navigating to the main page of the site you wanted to stumblethru.
here’s what the updates includes:
- fixes a bug that could cause rating buttons to get stuck for users who habitually sign-out from the toolbar.
- fixes a bug where the stumblethru menu could appear blank for some users.
- fixes several bugs associated with moving the toolbar items to an incompatible toolbar.
- allows buttons and extensions (including foxytunes) to share the stumbleupon default toobar.
- merges home and network buttons into the what’s new button to match the new profiles. note that the classic network button is still available on the configuration tab of toolbar options.
- merges forums and groups buttons to match the new profiles. note that the classic forums button is still available on the configuration tab of toolbar options.
- changes the video, people (aka matches) and dtumblethru icons.
- supports search results decoration on more sites.
- adds a keyboard shortcut for tagging
- automatically enables the tag button if you apply custom tags.
- improves the autocomplete list for the search / tag box.
- adds an optional menu for domain channels (aka stumblethru).
- fixes a bug (#535) where the browser’s location bar could be cleared half a second after the toolbar is rendered upon browser start.
- improves synchronization of topics.
the update is good in that it further streamlines stumbling form your browser but i do think its about time that they fixed the stumble buzz aspect of the stumbling experience.